Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Homemade juice

Today I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I immediately knew I needed to fuel my body with some good nutrients, as much as I wanted to stay in bed and just continue to sleep. I slept at my parents last night, because Hart and I finished addressing our wedding invitations late last night so they can go in the mail today! Look for a post on those later.... :) 

My dad bought a juicer a while ago, and I really love to use it. It is such an easy way to get a yummy drink, depending on the juicemaker of course ;). Anyways, I decided to take some photos today and show you what I made. I was craving orange juice so I decided to go off of that. I usually add ginger to my juice but we were all out of it. Luckily, my parents made a Costco trip last night, so we were fully stocked on juicing supplies.



Sooth-the-sore-throat Juice:

-1 pear
-1 mango
-2 oranges
-1 lime
-Handful of grapes
-Handful of carrots
-Ginger





Have to cut and peel most fruits before juicing them




Be sure to wash everything first. I usually cut fruits in half, and the grapes off the stem. Be sure to get rid of any seeds there may be.
Ready for the juicer
Adding the carrots
Final verdict: YUMMY! It has the perfect blend of sweetness and freshness. Sometimes using fruit will give you a very acidic drink, but this was perfect. My throat and body felt really good immediately after taking my first drink. 
Yummmmy
Hart's juicing style: I love when Hart juices because it is the complete OPPOSITE of what I would juice. :) Today he did carrot, apple, and orange which I would probably like. Most days, he adds plenty of lettuce, celery, and...well maybe sometime I'll do a little post on his creations.


Hart's carrot, apple, and orange (already in juicer) drink


***









No comments:

Post a Comment