Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding is near

We had our first wedding shower this past weekend. Hart and I both talked about how real it really made the wedding process and how quickly things are approaching. We are reminded daily to enjoy this process and breath through the process of sorting all the details because we will soon have just memories! We are 38 days away from our wedding day. I found myself trying to picture what the day will be and feel like, but I decided today that I KNOW it's going to be beautiful and I KNOW that having everyone be there to be apart of our story is more than enough for me.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped with the shower this past weekend. You put on such a beautiful shower and it meant a lot to me to see how much time you put into the planning to make me (and Hart) feel really special. What means the most to us is seeing people excited for our marriage and our relationship. We really desire family to know us, our story, and how we are thankful for the wisdom they give us. So, THANK you to those who are helping and making this part of our story an extra special journey.


Manicure was a must for the special occasion

Here are some photos from the shower: 

This shower was hosted by my sisters and aunts on my mom's side of the family. I bought a new dress to wear from Charming Charlie which is my new favorite store. I am completely accessory illiterate. Yes illiterate, haha. This store, if you haven't checked it out, makes it MUCH easier to accessorize your outfit. For someone who is more likely found to be wearing comfy clothes, I knew I needed a special outfit for my shower and this store helped me! I had to also get a manicure to match, of course. 







Cute labels for the yummy food


My bouquet made by my Cousin Erin
Matching paper straws

YUMMY sparkling drink


This made me smile! I miss you Jamie!



My maid-of-honor Jamie is currently on a 9-month traveling expedition doing some volunteering in South America, and enjoying some time off from Medical School. I really miss her! Its hard not having her here during the wedding planning period, but fortunately we are able to text once in a while when she has some wifi. I have been sending her updates here and there, and she will be home in a ONE MONTH! Yay! It was so nice of her to take this photo. I really miss you Jamie!












Handmade 'pom-poms' by my sisters and mom!


Amazing family preparing food


Grandma's happy


Auntie Peggy. Thanks for the beautiful corsage!


Glad Hart was there <3

I'm really looking forward to the next wedding shower with the Olson side in 2 weekends! So thankful for my family and friends! PS. Please check out more photos and much more detail about the shower at my sister's blog HERE!!!  

***

No comments:

Post a Comment